RAPPT is an international interdisciplinary network of Researchers working on Amateur Performance and Private Theatricals from a variety of angles; this site encourages contributions from and collaborations between all those interested in nonprofessional performance: theatre historians, musicologists, literature scholars, practitioners, digital humanists, etc.
This network emerged from two NeMLA panels on amateur performance organized in 2011 and 2012 as well as from What signifies a theatre?, a series of conferences hosted by the University of London, Royal Holloway. Through this site and future conferences, we aim to:
- foster networking between researchers working in the field.
- promote the recovery of actual practices
- conduct practice-based research
- analyze literary depictions of amateur theatricals
- publish original research
-Judith Hawley and Mary Isbell, RAPPT Co-Directors